Wednesday, February 27, 2008

9 Thumbnails

The 9 thumbnails assignment had the most rewarding outcome. Since we previously had two projects that dealt with color I was more confident in mixing colors and applying them to the illustration board. I enjoyed the fact that we where to choose our own composition. This allowed us to create a unique piece that had a consistent fluent outcome.

This project involved lots of preciseness which made the work very tedious. When beginning the piece I felt a bit annoyed because of the tediousness although once I gave it 10 minutes of working I got used to it and enjoyed the painting. The painting was time consuming but relaxing.

I enjoyed the colors I produced because of the various tints I applied that gave the piece a more variety of color. The colors are different in this project because I was used to mixing by now and was able to create more unique colors and involving more tints. Yellow, which is my hue color is the only common color found in every box which unites the entire piece together. If I did not have the same hue color found in every 9 boxes than my outcome would look like a bunch of random colors and the piece would not be as strong.

No comments: