Saturday, March 8, 2008

Grey

Mixing colors to get grey I believed only involved using whit and black. I was proved wrong when my first attempt to make grey was from the use of primary colors, the outcome was successful. Mixing the colors to get grey takes patience and accuracy. After mixing the colors and the applying it to the bristol the outcome was majority of the time a bit off then what was expected. This was not necessarily such a let down, it allowed me to gain a step closer to getting to the color grey by seeing what more of a color I needed to apply.

Throughout the process of mixing the colors I noticed that you where able to get closer to grey when you add white or you where able to notice what complimentary color you needed. When mixing my colors in compelled to receive the color grey I realized that the more I time I spent making the colors the more I thought it was easier to get grey. I was proved wrong on my last trial when I mixed Phthalocyann Blue with Raw Siena Trying to get a grey out of these two colors seemed to be impossible not matter how much white I added and its complementary color I added.

Making the Grey was a good experience since I have now learned that you don't only need black and white to make the color. I also found that you can have a variety of different types of grays depending on how much of the a complimentary color you apply. For instance when I thought I finally got my grey and then made another one, comparing the two next to each other they looked like two completely different colors but when singling them out they both looked grey.

No comments: