Thursday, September 6, 2007

Lines, Shapes, and String Activity

The lines activity was a creative new project for me to do. I liked creating the four pages of continues line from a straight line to organic. The project aloud an amount of freedom that allowed you to use your creativity. It was basic and yet you could make it as complex as you wanted. I began drawing my lines without thinking. The moment I started my line I aloud the movement in my arms and hand lead the direction of my line. When putting all the pages together the outcome looked different considering in turned into one piece rather than four. I liked the outcome but if I were to do it again I would do it differently because I would want something new.

The string activity was new and exciting. Getting to string up your entire classroom for fun was something I never have done before. I like the way it allowed the students to work together and the idea that we where doing something complex. The outcome looked overwhelming and chaotic. Just like the line project I did not think or plane the outcome I allowed my motions to control what my outcome would be. This allows a more surprising unpredictable ending. I liked how the project was huge and brought out an emotion of extremeness. It was a light and fun activity that had a rewarding outcome.

No comments: